Blocked Toilets are not only disgusting but also very unhealthy as it allows bacteria and other harmful microorganisms which can make you very sick. Toilet blockage can occur over time if you do not pay attention or have been neglecting it for a long time. Another reason which can also be a reason for blocked toilets in your residence is if you are not cautious enough about what things are being flushed down your toilet.
Few signs that are an indication of blocked toilet:
You can use some home remedies which can help you keep your drain unclogged without hiring any plumber. There are some signs that are an indication of blocked toilets like water draining slower than usual, water gurgling noises while flushing etc.
- Flushing off nappies, wipes, cotton are the main reason behind the blocked toilets. You should be cautious about what is being disposed through your toilets. Children may flush toys and other large objects in the toilet, which can lead to accumulation and blockage. To avoid such situations, you can baby-proof the home.
- You can regularly clean your toilet by using some home remedies like baking soda, lemon and vinegar or hot water which are very effective in unclogging the toilet. Do not plant trees or shrubs close to your drains as roots can enter inside your pipe line and can completely damage your drainage system.
- Apart from that, you should use a bin for storing foreign substances in your toilet and never throw any greasy items inside your toilet. If you find an overflowing sink or smell any foul stench from your toilet, then you must call the trained professionals right away.
Why do you need to hire trained professionals for cleaning blocked toilets?
Plumbing professionals can diagnose serious issues such as major damage to sewer system. CCTV cameras can be used to locate and view the blockages and damages deep in the plumbing lines. Fixing problems deep inside your drain line requires specialized equipment. When you hire a professional plumber, you can have peace of mind knowing that he will get the drain cleaning job done properly. After the plumber has completed his job you can check your drainage system to make sure that the drains are clean. You can run water from the faucet through the system and check how fast the water is running through the pipes. You can check the color of the water. The water should be clean and clear of any foreign materials.
How can you deal with blocked drain with DIY techniques?
- You can use drain snakes for finding the blockage. Push the drain snake and find the blockage. Twist the snake until you are blockage free and check it by running water.
- You can also use chemical drain opener which can be used to unclog the toilet. Be careful while using it and do not use plunger right away to avoid coming in contact with the harmful substances which can burn your skin and damage your eyes. Use proper safety measures before using chemicals.
- You can also use some home remedies like, pouring hot water mixed with vinegar to clean your drainage system. But these DIY ideas will provide you with initial relief, and if you need to repair your drain then you can opt for drain pipe relining system. This will protect your sewer lines from tree root intrusion and it can increase the longevity of your drainage system.
It is very important to have a proper drainage system. You should never neglect your plumbing system. Drain cleaning should be an important part of maintaining the system. Keeping a regular check and with professional help, you can keep your drains clean and prevents clog and blockage.