A drawer is an essential part of any furnishing that is generally meant for storage purpose. Choosing appropriate drawer slides is very important as it adds comfort and ease to the people using it. Nowadays, free slides are available that do not add any extra pressure while opening and closing drawers. However, depending upon the type of structure, slides and its specification totally varies.
Choose the Right Drawer Slides as Per the Requirement
The purpose for which you want to buy the slides is the most essential factor that needs to be analyzed. Basically, it is essential to obtain viable benefits from it.
- Mount Selection: this is the most essential factor which needs to be considered. The mount can be either at the bottom, center or sideways that has to be selected. The type of mount plays an essential role in deciding the space and cabinet opening. The size range of the drawer slides varies depending upon the type of application.
- Overall Extension: extension of the drawer is actually the total length that would be exerted out when the slides are moved. In some cases, half extension, 3/4th extension or full-length extensions are available.
- Load Rating: load rating is the total amount of weight that has to be loaded or inserted into the drawer. It is extremely important to consider the load rating while selecting any drawer slide. As per the application and necessity, it is essential to determine the load rating. Overall, the durability of the drawer is highly affected.
- Position and Method of Fixing: the method used for fixing the slides is yet another considerable factor. The location at which the slides are fixed greatly depends upon the type of mount you selected. The slides contain multiple holes in order to fix the drawer in the particular place.
Basic Types of Drawer Slides Mount Available
Mount, as said earlier, is the most essential factor while considering the size and the type of the drawer slide. Have a look upon it.
- Bottom Slides: two rails are mounted on the bottom of the drawer. Actually, these types of slides are not visible from above, at all. These are generally used in bathrooms, kitchens in which the main purpose of drawers is to store certain products. As these are usually full-length extension drawers, they can be easily taken out for the purpose of cleaning, repair and remodeling.
- Centre Mount: center mount are ideal for small drawers in which medium weight is stored. The center mount drawer type was typically used in the old furniture’s among which the vintage furniture is quite common. It is quite easy to install this type of mounts.
- Ball Bearing: the popular center mount slides are being replaced by the ball bearing slides. The ball bearing is quite convenient to use as they minimize the disruption or any kind of noise. By pressing the sides, it is quite easy to transport the drawers and even help in the easy cleaning of the drawer, especially from the base.
Moreover, the design and pattern of the slides also play a key role in choosing the most appropriate drawer slides. The motion and materials used in the drawer slides are other factors which should not be ignored at any cost. The ease in sliding is the most essential criteria of the slides.
Check out different types and patterns of the slides for better knowledge. They are important accessories in the kitchen, bathroom, workplace, offices and cash counters. Look for the most beneficial types so that your investment does not go in vain. Moreover, it should be kept in mind that slides should be chosen in such a way that the opening and closing of the drawers should take place smoothly, without any blockage.