A long time ago the vehicle industry adopted gas struts to be fitted not only into the bonnets but also into the boot lids and tailgates. They are comprised of nitrogen gas and oil under extreme pressure. The diversity in the range of applications is assisted by a high internal force. The system is very popular and goes a long way in boosting the efficiency of the vehicles.
Making the Lifting Process Easy and Hassle Free:
If struts were absent in care, people would find it extremely difficult to lift the different components in the car. In fact, the support system to hold the parts in the air is virtually absent. The gas struts play an important role in applying the pressure to accomplish the task. One can place the normal metal spring into the eclectic mix, however, make sure it is heavy enough, so an extra effort is required to pull up the lid. Therefore, the usage of struts has increased and in the near future, it is going to continue to do so.
The gas inside the strut is instrumental in storing energy in the spring because it is sealed and would not allow gas to escape into the atmosphere. Oil damps play an important role in slowing down the movement of the piston and performing lubrication over the auto components. It is closely related to a bicycle pump wherein the tight-fitting piston on the rod and slides back and forth.
Amazing Force Generator:
An amazing generator of force in the car is created when the piston is pushed inside. The pressure is equal on both sides because the liquid can flow through the piston from one side to another. It acts on a greater area on the inside surface of the piston when compared to the outside. Due to the pressure difference, a large force is generated from within and helps in the lifting process.
Size of The Struts:
- In order to increase the pressure, struts of various sizes and shapes can be purchased from the retail store. In fact, size of the force depends on the area of the piston, therefore if the latter is large, the chances of increasing the pressure also enhance.
- In order to provide trunk lid support to the car, the seals spring into action to build the pressure. Lip seal variety is essential to minimize the gas losses while the piston continues to move back and forth.
- When the rods extend and the gas-oriented springs are stretched, the seals are not lubricated with oil. As a result, they become prone to abrasion from rod surfaces. In such cases, oil cushion system comes to the rescue as it helps to lubricate the seal and extend its longevity.
- Some struts are equipped with multi-lobe seals consisting of guides, plastic backup washers, and rubber seals. Under vibration and in rod down applications they can be seen to work in an impeccable manner. Manufacturers worked on the shortcomings of the earlier struts and introduced the twin seal option. There are two lip seals locked in fixed position with the significant amount of liquid oil locked within them.
- The first seal doubles up as a filter to block the dust particles and protect the second from contamination. The working of these two seals increases gas retention by a factor of 2 as both works together6 allowing the strut to exert a greater pressure and force for the lifting of the various auto components.
- In fact, the life of spring seal increases even when the vehicle is operating under adverse weather conditions such as hot summers and chilly winters.
If you are looking to purchase the best gas strut, gas springs and heavy-duty gas struts, then Order today and feel the difference that our gas struts deliver to your vehicle.