After spending a few years in the same house, many homeowners wish to remodel their floors. Remodeling floors have their own significance and importance. Once you remodel your old floors to new ones, it becomes easier for you to maintain the same.
A hot trend for perfect flooring that is doing its rounds is concrete slabs. When you remodel your old floor with concrete slabs, it becomes easier to clean. On top of that, the old dull looking slab can always look stronger and more beautiful with an ideal and new concrete slab.
However, before you decide to put concrete floor overlays, you should understand the Pros and Cons of the same thoroughly. Take a look at both of them –
- Better and Easy Maintenance: Once you remodel your floor with concrete floor overlays, you will see that your maintenance has become minimal and cost-effective. You only have to seal or wax the floor once or twice in every 3-9 months, that too, depending on the level of traffic in order to maintain a protective layer over its surface. Other than that, it also becomes easier for you to keep it clean as you can simply mop the floor according to your needs.
- Versatility and Easy Installations: The Concrete floor overlays have great versatility. They can be of any color or design of your choice. You can even find different textures and patterns of concrete floors. Additionally, the installation process of these overlays is very easy which saves you a lot of time as well as efforts.
- Durability: Concrete is a durable material that lasts for a very long. It is very hard and hence it cannot be damaged easily. Therefore, concrete floor overlays are also quite durable and can last for long with minimum maintenance like weeping and mopping.
- Affordable: These Concrete floor overlays are more cost-effective than any other flooring options. Not just during the installation process, but even when it comes to maintenance, it doesn’t require much of your time and money.
- Environment Friendly: Concrete overlays are environment friendly as you need to use a few materials for installation purposes. They are also long lasting, so you don’t need to replace them again and again. This makes them a greener and better option.
- You Probably Have to Repair the Current Floor First: The success of concrete floor overlay depends upon the condition of the current floor. If the current floor is not in a good condition, they you have to deal with the same at the initial level. If there are cracks, holes or dip in the floor, then you have to repair those first. Only after that, you can install the overlays. Otherwise, these problems will arise through the entire overlaying process. However, repairing these problems is not an easy task. You have to put efforts and money for the same.
- Difficult to Correct Mistakes Once Done During The Installation: If the installer makes even a minor mistake while installing the overlay, it becomes really difficult to correct the same. If the concrete is not applied correctly and it is causing issues, then you may have to remove the entire overlay again and install it all together; repeating the same process.
- Surface Becomes Hard: As mentioned earlier, concrete floor overlay makes the floor hard. A lot of people don’t like to have a hard surface under the feet. If you are among those people, you may have to buy carpets and put it over the floor in order to avoid touching them.
These are the pros and cons of concrete floor overlays. You can justify yourself that the pros are much more and it definitely overshadows the cons. So now you can decide to put concrete floors removing your old floors.