Plastic pipes are used anywhere and everywhere in all types of buildings. But did you know how many different varieties do they come in?How many materials are added by the plastic tube manufacturers to finally bring it out in the form of durable plastics tubes?
Plastic tubes have numerous applications. The plastic tube manufacturers combine durability and flexibility to make it feasible for the flow of any type of fluid.
Every application has a different requirement of materials while manufacturing.
Plastic tube manufacturers know which plastic type can exhibit what type of properties and manufacture
1. Ethyl Vinyl Acetate: EVA, as it is called industrially is one of the basic materials used by plastic tube manufacturers. This type of plastic has high impact strength, high resistance to oils and weathering and excellent low temperature properties. This material is excellent for surgical and pharmaceutical applications.
2. Fluoropolymers: There are 2 types of fluoropolymers – Polytetrafluoroethylene and Polyvinylidene fluoride. Both the types have high resistance to temperature change. They can withstand temperature in the range -200 to 500°F. Thus they are suited for corrosion protection at high and low temperatures. They are inert to most of the industrial chemicals as well. So this type is used mainly in industrial environments.
3. Polyamide: Polyamide or Nylon as it is generally known is considered to be the industry standard for most of the industrial and commercial applications especially those which require high pressure sustenance and really good temperature and chemical resistance. Nylon also has high elastic memory and can withstand repeated flexing and high impacts.
4. Polyvinyl chloride: PVC exhibits a wide range of physical properties like good chemical and corrosion resistance, high abrasion and wear resistance, excellent flexibility, and good flow characteristics. Plastic tube manufacturers can manufacture it to various levels of hardness like braid reinforced and rigid pipe. This is mainly used for potable water pipes.
5. Polyketdones: This material exhibits thermoplastic properties and has melting point as high as 490°F. They exhibit high solvent resistance properties as well.
6. Polyurethane: This type has combined properties of plastic and rubber. It has the durability of plastic and flexibility of rubber as well as high resistance to gasoline, oils, and other petroleum-based chemicals. Thus it is mainly used for fuel lines.
7. Polypropylene: The best property of this material is that it is very light in weight along with excellent dimensional stability, electrical properties, good surface hardness and chemical resistance. It is weldable as well. It can be used as a substitute for fluoropolymer tubing.
The plastic tube manufacturers are supposed to infuse the raw thermoplastic material into the furnace from the top through the barrel of an extruder. Then they add the colourants and UV inhibitors when the heated resins arrive at the hooper.
This process is similar to the plastic moulding process but there are some variations in the end process as the surface and size needs complete uniformity.
The plastic tube manufacturers need to be extra careful. It has to be ensured that the molten plastic flows evenly from the pre-designed cylindrical profile.
Even a small unevenness in the flow would result in unwanted stresses at several points of the pipe and the product is rendered to be useless.
Any plastic tube manufacturer company needs to hire skilled workers and train them well to ensure the manufacturing of quality plastic pipes. As plastic is an excellent thermal insulator, the cooling process is complicated as well.
Plastic tube manufacturers can get high outputs only if their raw material is coupled with attention to minute detail and skilled work and expert supervision. Plastic tubes that are optimally tailored have innumerable applications in residential, commercial as well as industrial fields.