The Volkswagen vehicle is known for its workmanship, its study build and reliability. However, this needs to be maintained so that the vehicle life can be increased and it provides trouble free service for years. In order to achieve that, it needs to be serviced regularly at designated Volkswagen service centers.
Here are some tips which need to be followed in order to get the best out of your vehicle:
#1. The parts which should be replaced or should be used in the vehicle should only be genuine Volkswagen parts and the accessories used need to be from Volkswagen as well. This is because these parts and accessories are made not only to fit but also to function in an efficient manner. These come with warranties as well and so the owner gets peace of mind when he or she gets genuine parts in the vehicle.
#2. Volkswagen has different plans for the maintenance of its vehicles and models. The prepaid plans need to be considered for a variety of reasons:
- The prepaid maintenance covers the maintenance for 10,000, 20,000, 30,000, 40,000 as well as 50,000 intervals of mileage that are recommended by the manufacturer.
- These plans are cost effective and in the long run the owner is able to save the cost as less as 10 dollars a month or even lesser. It works out to around less than 0.02 dollars a mile.
- When a person opts for preventive maintenance plans he or she is protected against inflation as the labor and parts have a fixed cost attached to it and inflation is stemmed. Therefore, payments are predictable.
- The most important part is perhaps that the car will only be taken care of by Volkswagen certified technicians and the owner can be sure that only the genuine parts can be used.
There are different kinds of Volkswagen care plans. For the vehicles manufactured in 2015, these plans cover the maintenance services which the manufacturer recommends at 20,000 as well as 30,000 miles. If the plans are purchased for models which are of 2016, it includes the 10K 20K and 30K mile scheduled maintenance which is recommended by the manufacturer.
If the vehicle is purchased in 2014, then even the 40K and 50K mile scheduled maintenance of the manufacturer is covered. In addition to all this, the owner too should perform some maintenance activities in order to keep the car in the best of conditions.
- Leaves and litter which is on the floor should be removed; floor mats should be shaken out and the floor and the seats need to be vacuumed.
- The windows should be regularly cleaned with a paper or with a microfiber towel and a glass cleaner.
- The plastic parts and the instrument panels need to be moistened and cleaned with water and a lint-free cloth or else solvent – free plastic cleaners should be used. You should ensure that solvent containing agents should not be used because this can cause damage by making the surface porous.
- The fabric as well as upholstery should be wiped incase of any spills. This should be done with a moist woolen or cotton cloth and vacuuming needs to be done so that the seams and folds are free from dirt and dust.
- Leather should be cleaned of spills and dirt with a moist cloth and it should be vacuumed well especially the folds and seams. The leather should be treated every six months to keep it supple and unblemished.
- If there are heavily contaminated areas, mild soap solution should be used and then it should be wiped with a soft cloth.