Are you planning to relocate for better job prospects? Or, wish to move to a new city with your family? These days, people relocate for different reasons; but one thing is common – they relocate for a better future. Moving can be a big-time tedious task. Packing the entire belongings in the boxes, loading it all into the truck and then unpacking it at the destination can become a nightmare for you. However, if you have bought the right packing boxes and envelopes, then the shipping can become smoother for you.
Below discussed are some common types of packing boxes and some important things to consider while moving.
Different Types of Packing Boxes
- Standard Box- these types of boxes are available in different sizes and weight of every standard box is less than 50 pounds. They are easy to lift and are used for various hipping needs.
- Dish Pack Box- To keep your dishes and other utensils safe, you can buy dish pack boxes. Since these boxes have divider cells, you can keep different dishes separately including plates, glasses and bowls. They all will remain protected while moving.
- Wardrobe Box- These packing boxes are meant to carry hung clothing. You can use the bar inside these boxes to hang your clothes without disturbing their crease and neatness.
- Picture Box- Picture boxes are usually used for transporting mirrors, paintings and other artwork. These boxes come in specific sizes and keep the fragile items completely safe and secured.
Besides these different kinds of packing boxes, various types of cushioning are also available to protect the fragile items. To start with, the most common type is bubble wrap, which is a plastic sheet with small air pockets. It cushions the breakable items and keeps them safe, while the foam pouches are used to seal different delicate items in them.
In fact, newspapers and crumpled paper are also used in between the fragile items to prevent them from moving while shipping. Depending upon your requirement, you can choose a particular type of moving box and the cushioning material to keep your belongings safe. If you have hired a professional movers and packers company then you do not have to worry about anything at all. They will handle it all!
Other things to Consider when you Move
- Moving Expenses- Of course, you need to calculate your entire expenses involved in moving. Hiring movers may seem to be an expensive affair to you. However, if you have chosen movers that offer the facility of packing, unpacking and setting things at your new home then it will be great. If it is a work related relocation then confirm whether the cost of movers is covered in it or not.
- Cost of Living- It is the most important factor to be considered. You need to calculate everything right from utility expenses to renting a house. It is advisable to rent a home for at least a year until you get a fair idea of the new location. Utility costs may be higher if you are relocating to a place with extreme temperatures.
- Rental Storage- Sometimes, you might have a car that you need stowing away. Or, the new place you are moving to might not have enough space for all your stuff. In such a case, you will need rental storage to stow away your belongings. Research thoroughly when buying rental storage. It is also important to pack things carefully when stashing them away in rental storage. An important tip is to never lay your stuff directly on the ground. You can never be sure when seepage might leak in.