Whenever you think of security doors, you practically think of steel as the major component. These doors are practically one-time investment, which means, you have to pay once and forget all about it. However, the steel security doors will only stay intact for long if you know how to maintain and care for them. It is true that if you install steel security doors in your home, in office, or in your commercial space, then the important documents, along with the members of the family, can get ultimate level of protection, as these doors can be installed along with the original wooden doors that you have.
Construction of the Doors
Before you proceed further and make an investment on steel security doors, you should check out the construction first. People have a misconception that steel doors are nothing more than just a slab of steel. Well, the steel itself cannot provide you with instant protection. Steel is durable and rust-proof and the better varieties are termite-resistant also, with advanced locking mechanisms. If you are planning to buy the polyurethane one, you should take a look at the gauge range first. This range must vary between 16 and 24, which offers maximum durability.
6 essential Advantages of Steel Security Doors
So, is this the first time, when you are researching about steel security doors? If yes, then you should look at the advantages of these doors first, before making a final investment.
- For most of the commercial establishments, people might not look for metallic steel doors first. For them, beauty holds the priority. Therefore, nowadays, most steel doors are designed well to match people’s beauty and security needs, both.
- These steel doors primarily work best for exterior facing panels. As the outdoor parts need to withstand exterior elements and harsh, heavy traffic, therefore; steel can provide the exact protection you have been looking for.
- If you try a little bit harder, then installing such steel doors in the residential unit is not going to be daunting task anymore. You can use different designs of hinges, bolts and locks to keep your home safe with these forms of doors.
- Other than the points mentioned, the security doors are acoustical and have standardized hollow metallic frames and doors.
- The items are known for some of their exquisite features like pressure and blast resistance, bullet resistance and lead lined.
- These doors are also fire-proof and if there is leakage of water or chemical, these doors still remain intact.
Customized Configurations are available
If you are willing to invest in unique designed steel security doors, then you should better start a chat with the manufacturing house first. They have some specific requirements, and you need to fulfill the same. If the doors are custom-made, then you can show off your style to others without any hassle. The change will be in design, color, shape and style, even though the durability and strength will not be hampered. You just need to know what you want and leave the rest to professionals. They will sketch out a design first, and produce an effective result in front of you.
As you are talking about steel security doors, therefore; you need to choose the materials accordingly. It is not just about steel, but a perfect amalgamation of different elements, which will help the steel doors to work proficiently. Even though the doors are strong, yet; these are light in weight. Therefore, it can be easily transported to a new place and set-up with little help from another person. There are many suppliers and manufacturers from whom you can buy the steel doors, to ensure a double-layered protection for your home.