Our modern times necessitate complexities. Complex issues and high tech gadgetry have made security a must in all the hospitals, financial institutions, banks, automated teller machines, etc. CCTV cameras are the answer to all the problems and complex issues mentioned above. Large scale CCTV installation is sought out in many large scale business enterprises and financial companies, embassies, places of national and international interests. There is hardly any departmental site or a mall devoid of CCTVs. These make it very easy to monitor the movements and prevent any unforeseen events from taking place that might put the security of the place or the organization at peril.
Scope of CCTV Installations and preview of the modern Security Systems
- CCTV is the core component of any modern day security system. Security has always proven to be a constant challenge for system integrators and the installation of the CCTVs at main points prevents such security issues from happening or is instrumental in catching the people who have put the place at risk.
- Complex enterprise large scale CCTV systems are placed everywhere on a day to day basis as these are the key to every critical area of security functionality. Conventional security companies have also taken refuge to the high end CCTV cameras and they too refer to the same while monitoring and sweeping the areas to be manned regularly.
- There is a priority given to the delivery of the system migrations and large scale, multi scale, multi-site camera systems.
- CCTV technology providers have to work hand in hand with the security companies to ensure that the installations and the security system go hand in hand with the needs and the requirements of the client.
- CCTV cameras can be placed in strategic points to monitor and safeguard the areas. A variety of environments can support large scale CCTV installations. These installations need to be done after checking the place for feasibility at any given point of time.
- The UK prison estate recently installed 800 new cameras. This was part of a single manor project. There was concurrent delivery of such systems working parallel in order to assess the needs of constant monitoring the safety of the prisons at all times. . This proves that CCTV large scale installations can effectively take place even under the most challenging environments.
- Systems integration, convergence and upkeep of the security systems will form the role of the key enablers in any kind of environment. Future technology needs to be developed in a way that these are compatible with the working of the CCTV cameras. The need for more enhanced detail of recorded images is always there and constant ways to improve the same has been planned and analyzed from time to time. The future will see these cameras being utilized more effectively and intensively and the use of megapixel resolution cameras will spearhead the whole process of system upkeep and migration.
- There is large data that is recorded in the CCTV cameras. These need to be analyzed and data studied from time to time. Hence, complacency and robustness are some factors that need to be looked at from time to time. CCTVs have to be more accurate and efficient. Redundancy is a key concern in this area.
- The extents and the results of digital compression have to be studied and analyzed. Every camera has to be in megapixel resolution to be effective. This is still not the case in most places. Large scale CCTV installations have to look into and factor all these principles to ensure a safe scenario.