Concrete flooring has become the foremost choice of almost all the people who are in the phase of renovating their home or office building. In fact, the flooring contractors have now started to grind the concrete floor to offer it a high-gloss finish.
- It is true that concrete flooring has surpassed the other materials like marble, linoleum, tile and granite.
- Of course, you can go for simple concrete flooring as per your needs. However, polished concrete flooring provides innumerable benefits as compared with the simple concrete floors. You can choose the level of sheen that you wish to have on your floor, as polishing is a multi-step process.
- Concrete flooring is used in both domestic places and also in large commercial and industrial establishments, thus leading to variety, elegance and profitability in terms of the resale value of any property.
Types of Concrete Flooring
1. Stamped Concrete Floors – Since these are the most decorative concrete floors; people prefer installing these at their patios, driveways and sidewalks. They look highly elegant and reflect an awesome texture. Initially, the stamped concrete floors were available in just limited designs and colors. However, the variety has expanded with the advent of technology and changing tastes of the homeowners. If you will visit any flooring company today, you will see an endless variety ranging from brick, stone, slate, wood and tile just to name a few. Stamped concrete flooring does not look dull and you can tell the floor makers to work with both monochromes and also with multiple colors to bring in the stamped look that remains for a long time.
2. Stained Concrete Floors – Stained concrete floors require less maintenance and these can be the best option for you if you want to augment the overall appearance of the floor. Many a times, people are not sufficed with the type of concrete floor they already have. In such a situation, acrylic stains can work best. You just need to apply these stains on your already existing concrete flooring to have that natural stone-like appearance. These days, you can find a huge array of acid stains or colors to improve the look of the floor.
Besides this, you can also plan to have painted concrete flooring. However, painted flooring is very expensive but can serve the purpose if you want your place to look majestic. Maintenance of painted concrete is also a lot tougher than other types of concrete.
Design Ideas for Different Floors
- Kitchen Floor- If you wish to get concrete flooring installed in your kitchen then you must go for some lighter shades of the floor to make it look spacious. However, warm colors like brown can be chosen to experience the warm effect. Concrete flooring will be able to handle all types of drinks and food spills.
- Living Room- For your living room, you can enjoy the liberty to install any design or color that you want. You can even go for scored or radial pattern of the concrete for that exclusive and smooth appearance.
- For Small areas- Go for something plain and in shades closer to white. White makes a space look bigger. If you want some design on your concrete flooring, keep it minimalistic for small areas. A busy design can look cluttered in a small space, which will defeat the purpose of having it in the first place. Perhaps bordered concrete flooring would look best for such areas.
Moreover, you must remember that whatever type of concrete flooring you decide on; make sure you color coordinate it with your walls. Ideally, there should be a contrast between the two. For instance, if your walls are white, opt for concrete flooring in a slightly darker shaded, such as dark cream, or brown.