Buying an automobile will surely be every individual’s dream. To be successful in this, looking out for a good brand and the best company is always going to be essential for you. Buying will not be difficult as it involves an easy process, but keeping your automobile in the best condition will surely cost you a lot of time, effort and money. You have to know that servicing is an essential activity to be performed at regular intervals. This is mainly because it helps in enhancing the performance of the automobile.
Importance of the Logbook
When you buy a car you will get a log book along with it. This is that one book which involves the records of all the servicing done to the vehicle. This book is offered by the manufacturer which states how and when the car should get serviced. You as a buyer or the owner of the car can use Logbook servicing not only for your new car, but also for your old and other existing automobiles too. It is just with this book you can ensure that the repairs and maintenance is carried out as per the manufacturer’s instructions. The best part of these is that you can use them at all auto shops.
Need for Logbook Servicing
Generally Logbook servicing is performed after every 10,000 kilometers. The major reason for this type of servicing is to know whether your vehicle is in a good condition and is also in a condition as the manufacturers intend it to be in. But then with too many brands and too many car models coming up, different companies will have different aspects of consideration during the servicing time. Some general checks carried out during this type of servicing include:
- Battery checks
- Tire pressure
- Checking radiator hoses
- Changing of oil filter and engine oil
- Inspection and readjustment of brakes
- Complete vehicle inspection
- Checking and refilling of bonnet fluids
- Fan belts performance
- Headlights, tail lights functions etc.
Benefits of Logbook Servicing
When you get started with the Logbook servicing, there are too many different benefits which will be entitled to get.
- Firstly, you will always be able to have a brief idea on the checkups performed and the repairs which have to be done to the vehicle. This book will be filled by the technician performing servicing of the car at the auto store. All the essential information about the servicing and maintenance history will be provided to you in the book.
- Secondly, you can be sure that the Logbook Servicing is one which can also preserve the original warranty of your car. The book has too many benefits for you, as it will be useful even when you want to sell off your car to the second party. It is here that the book can help you get a little more than the actual fair price. They can get a brief idea on all the servicing and repairs carried out on the vehicle.
- Thirdly, if you want to claim any manufacturing defect and warranty for the same from the manufacturer, this Logbook servicing will prove to be very helpful for you. It is then that all the many expensive automobile repairs can be avoided.
- Lastly, when you take your car to different work stations, chances of them get damaged in a few parts like engine and others are high. When you have a Logbook servicing maintained, knowing all the work that is done and the dealer who has performed it, will become easy. You can always have a reason to claim the loss happened and thus things can simplify.
Sometimes you may feel that you have all the needed skills to perform the repairs and maintenance to the vehicle, but then it is important that you look for a good auto repair dealer when you have the Logbook servicing offered to you by the manufacturer.