Are you planning to remodel your old kitchen? Create something that emanates style and is also high on functionality. The kitchen is a place in the house where people spend a considerable time of the day. That is the reason it should be an energetic and motivating corner of the house. That is the reason while decorating this corner of the house, you must make it a point to be practical and realistic in your choice.
There are different factors that go into determining what the end result will be. Consider the paint and the accents that you would like to choose for the kitchen walls and ceiling. You must also consider the type of furniture that you need for the kitchen and the utensils and accessories you’d need. In addition to that you need to find out the storage spaces in your kitchen. Given below are certain great designer kitchen ideas:
- If you are planning to opt for an ultra-modern designer kitchen in your home, then monochromatic patterns will go quite well. Create a contract with black and white. Make interesting patterns in your kitchen with the two contrasting colors. It will add a personality and interest to the space. You can create zig-ag patterns with black on white background or can also draw intricate patterns on the walls for a contrasting look. If there is not much space in your kitchen for additional cabinet spaces, you can use hanging or floating racks and shelves. You can use these shelves to keep frequently used tools and accessories. Not just black and white, but you can also create contrasting patterns using different colors of your choice.
- If you are planning to apply a fresh coat of paint in the kitchen, try mild colors like blue or green. However, that does not mean that your kitchen will not look great with a touch of vibrant colors like red or orange. Just use colors intelligently and you will see the difference without changing a lot about the kitchen. Try colors that are cheery and not dull and boring. Create patterns or keep it flat. Run your imaginations wild when trying to remodel your kitchen.
Look for the storage space, shelves and the arrangement of the kitchen rug:
- Create a lot of storage space in your kitchen. You must take up the challenge of holding plates, serving utensils, cutlery, and linens.In addition to that, most of the people store their grocery in the kitchen cabinets. So, make a proper plan to create as many cabinets as you can.
- A designer kitchen always has a lot of wall shelves and decors. Hang paintings on the walls, and attach stylish shelves. You can keep various decorative pieces on those shelves. This increase storage space as well as make the kitchen warm and welcoming.
- Add interesting accessories to the kitchen. Keep a welcoming rug that goes well with the colors and décor of the space. You should also choose a suitable kitchen table.
- Choose proper lighting for your kitchen. There are different designs and forms of lights available that you can use in the kitchen. You must make it a point to choose designer lights according to the theme that you’d like to create in the kitchen. You can also use various hanging decors from the ceilings to change the entire look of the kitchen space.
- Let a lot of sunshine to the interiors of your designer kitchen. If possible, renovate the windows and allow sufficient natural light to the interiors. You can also keep indoor plants in the kitchen. This will add a touch of green to the kitchen and help in keeping the interiors fresh and happy.
These are some of the great designer kitchen ideas that you can try for your home. The only way to create a great kitchen space is to innovate and implement your crazy ideas to your kitchen.